Monday, May 5, 2014

shimano bantam coriolis co-200b




I have a serious sickness, it really came on full force this winter when fishing was at its slowest, but it has continued on into the spring. I can't seem to help myself but I've been buying up all the vintage fishing gear I see. Some I like well enough to add to my personal collection, and some I play with for a little bit and end up flipping it. Being able to resell things for a profit is pretty cool but the other benefit is I get to have my hands on pieces of fishing history (if only for just a bit).

This Shimano Bantam Coriolis isn't really what I would classify as "vintage", but Shimano is a brand that has great name recognition in the industry and holds its value well.

Stay tuned this week for a few fishing posts, more gear and some exciting trips in the next few weeks!


3 comments:

  1. Blake
    I can remember when I would go out and buy this reel and any other brand I thought would enhance my bass fishing skills; but for me I have gone a full 360 degrees in that I don't use my casting combos anymore or my spinning combo much either---where my interest lies now is with the fly fishing thing. Nice reel and glad you was able to acquire it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been through what you are going through right now, also. It can get real serious. My wife keeps saying I have too much "stuff". Moving said "stuff" to bring in more stuff is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these that is 19 years old. I remember buying it new in 95, and by far it has been my favorite reel of all time. Been through alot of reels, but this one is still my go to favorite. After 19 years it is finally needing bearings, so not bad considering I have used it hard for all of these years.

    ReplyDelete