Friday, October 15, 2010

fly fishing salmon on the pike river (racine,wi)

low flow on the pike river
We spent the day moving into a new home that's right against the golf course. Even though we were moving boxes and furniture I still found the time to make it down to check out the river. With almost no flow we were surprised to see fish barreling up the river with their whole bodies out of the water. I couldn't help myself and had to take a couple minute break... Back to the house to grab a rod and this is what we got!

low flow pike river salmon


randall with a king salmon on the pike
I think I'm gonna love my new house!!

fish in the shallows

5 comments:

  1. Ya buddy! The Salmon run is just about done here. Nice job.

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain Jimmy Houston once did a show where they were fishing right by the bridge in the picture behind Randall.

    It was sometime ago, but I remember it just because he was fishing by the golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, never saw that show but I think it would be cool to see Jimmy Houston in Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creek.not to mention the salmon, I don't know what my reaction would be if I landed a fish that size on the fly---great post.

    ReplyDelete